1. Lagos is just implementing jail sentences to protect women from domestic abuse. Not sure the status in other states but this is a start. I’m now just waiting on the same law to be passed for domestic abuse on men. We all know some Nigerian women would give your average man a good beating after she tightens the wrapper on her waist.
2. Thirty-five people, including two soldiers and a policeman,have been killed in two separate gunfights between security forces and members of the militant Islamist sect, Boko Haram, in Borno State. For more info see: http://www.punchng.com/news/bharam-attacks-military-police-bases-in-borno-again/
3. Seems like Nigerian celebs caught up with my last post on not doing enough for charity. Ice Prince was in the BBA house to discuss poverty and charity yesterday and then Genevieve is asking for donations to move these kids to a better home. This is what we like to see. I really hope this becomes a new trend, even if it’s for publicity it’s better than pictures of gold chains and new cars.
4. When will these women learn that claiming a famous celeb tried to cheat with you is never a good look for your career. And of all rappers to try to drag into the mud, Jigga, Jay-Z, Hova, God MC….This dude can do no wrong. Even if it was true no one cares, it’s Jay-Z! ‘We don’t believe you, you need more people’. Advice for upcoming female artists: AVOID slandering any already famous artist. Here is how she put it:
“I could have messed with Jay, but got respect for Bey, We were on the same set of a commercial, see, I was sitting by myself, and he sat next to me, I was handling it well, and he was shocked to see, I was getting up to leave, he sent his guards to me, Excuse me Miss, do me a favor, put your number on this piece of paper, When Jay get settled and he’ll call you later, I know most chicks would have took the bait, but then those chicks be the ones I hate, I wonder to this day if I’d have gave it up would it be me on stage THROWING IT UP … THROWING IT UP!!”
5. A 14 year-old girl has been trolled to death on Ask.fm, This poor girl hung herself after receiving a string of abusive messages online (shame on these trolls!). I don’t know how many kids will commit suicide before sites like Ask.fm and Formsprings get better regulation. Kids need to be educated on handling trolls, and even adults too. Just the other day women were in the news complaining about trolls (Ladies see Rhianna’s responses for how to handle trolls). Let’s be fair, Justin Bieber and One Direction get trolled probably more than anyone on the planet, but as usual it is never as serious when the victim is male.