A woman has taken up the challenge of making her man 300 sandwiches in exchange for a wedding ring and you can follow her progress on the link below. Ladies, you know what they say about the way to a man’s heart 😉 http://300sandwiches.com/
2. Actor and former AGN president Segun Arinze had this to say as well: “This Jim Iyke’s deliverance video at the Synagogue trending looks too contrived. It’s a big embarrassment. Has anyone ever seen demons come out live and speak? Una fit stand demons? Una carry Nollywood enter Church, abi? How much did he get paid? I’m just wondering. Make una stop all these nonsense play. Haba. Stranger than fiction!
The public at large are antagonizing these two men as expected in Nigeria when anyone speaks out against religious institution.
2. Let’s just say our kids are not going to grow up on NES…boy do I miss playing my NES
3. Real or Fake? Watch Jim Iyke catch the holy ghost sent by TB Joshua….NO COMMENT
4. Boko Haram kills over 40 in school….cowards!
These cowards continue to show themselves leaving disaster and bloodshed in their path. Even on religious grounds I know Islam disapproves of killing of children. But let us not get this confused with a holy war, these guys are just a sect of nut jobs and something serious has to be done about them. The situation is already out of hand.
5. Eventually we would all exist as biomechanical creatures, just think about it. But this is amazing advancement for neuro-mechanics (I might have coined this phrase myself).
Alfredo Moser: Bottle light inventor proud to be poor
1. What if I told you with only a bottle of water and some bleach you would never have to use a light bulb in the morning (as long as you live on the top floor that is). Alfredo has pulled off something similar to the work of Thomas Edison but he isn’t really looking to make a killing from his invention. See here for more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23536914
Dying Teen Is Being Denied A Heart Transplant Because He’s Had Trouble With The Law
2. Fifteen-year-old Anthony Stokes has less than six months to live unless he receives an emergency heart transplant. But his family has been told that Anthony doesn’t qualify for the transplant list because he has a “history of non-compliance” — partly due to his history of earning low grades and having some trouble with the law. Ermm…this kid is 15 and I can already feel this turning into another race matter…See more here: http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/08/12/2453941/dying-teen-heart-transplant/
Testicle-biting fish invading Denmark, authorities warn
4. Science fiction or reality? Serial entreprenure and billionaire Elon Musk unveiled designs and plans for his hyperloop superfast transport system costing a fraction of the currently proposed high speed rail project. To think I was talking about something similar only three days ago! See here for more: http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/12/news/economy/hyperloop-elon-musk/index.html
Athiest Richard Dawkins in hot water over Islam dig on Twitter
2. Famous for his anti-religious views Richard Dawkins has found himself in another keyboard war when he pointed out that the entire Muslim community has less Nobel Prizes than Trinity College, Cambridge but were very progressive in the Middle Ages. While a fact cannot be racist and Islam is not a race a lot of people have branded this bigotry especially as he has chosen to Tweet this on Eid of all days. See here for more: http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/09/athiest-richard-dawkins-in-hot-water-over-islam-dig-on-twitter-3917965/
5. Oprah Winfrey has said she recently became a victim of racism when a shop assistant in Switzerland refused to show her a £24,477 handbag saying it would be “too expensive” for her. Taking cross cultural awareness into account it is not easy to ascertain if this shop assistant was being racist or elitist, but what’s really the big deal in letting a shopper look at an item even if they can’t afford it? See here for more: http://news.sky.com/story/1126475/oprah-winfrey-victim-of-racism-in-swiss-shop
1.So you think your breakup was stressful? This girl was set ablaze! According to reports her ex pretty much empited a can of petrol on her and I’m sure you get the rest. This happened as far back as July but is only getting public attention now as it is about to go to court. I cannot begin to imagine why it took so long. See here for more: http://www.punchng.com/news/jilted-lover-sets-corps-member-friend-ablaze/
Vietnam to ban discussion of news on social media sites
3. Have you ever imagined going to jail for updating you Facebook status, or even worse, commenting? I Vietname there are talks to ban everything but personal conversations across all social media. The things the rulers of nations can dream up is unbelievable. Good luck to them. Click here to see more: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-08/06/vietnam-decree-72
Rich Kids of Instagram’ to Become a Reality TV Show
1. So you think you’re cool with your pouts and hats, well these kids are so cool they are getting their own TV show! Not a fan of reality TV shows as they are always far from reality but I will give this an episode to see what it’s about. See here for more info: http://mashable.com/2013/08/06/rich-kids-of-beverly-hills/
Cultists on revenge mission stab two to death
2. Hate to be the bringer of bad news again but cultists in Nigeria have apparently killed two young men is a revenge plot. Two other occupants of the house were stabbed and shot but luckily survived thanks to police intervention. Good to know our response times are getting better 🙂 See the link for more info: http://www.punchng.com/metro/cultists-on-revenge-mission-stab-two-to-death/
Just when I was praising our men in uniform this happens
3. Some policemen have raised the alarm over what they termed, arbitrary deductions from their salaries. The policemen alleged that the Mechanized Salary Section of the police made unauthorized deductions of N5, 000 from their salaries. It was learnt that the money was for the procurement of Fokas Savings and Loans Limited shares. The policemen believed this reduction to be dubious and they weren’t even informed of it! See link for more: http://www.punchng.com/metro/policemen-kick-against-salary-deduction/
50 Cent Pleads Not Guilty to Domestic Violence Charge
5. First 3D-Printed rifle successfully fires 14 shots. I really hope these 3D-Printers are regulated. I would definately like the idea of being able to print whatever I want from home but we can’t have people printing guns like it’s coursework! See here for more: http://mashable.com/2013/08/06/update-3d-printed-rifle/